Sunday, July 28, 2013

A few thoughts…

 

This has been a strange few months in Blogland.  Have you noticed how few posts there have been compared to last year?  I think this crazy weather, and just life in general has been a bit tough for a lot of us this year. We need to start thinking about the holidays….YEAH!

Today is the 2nd anniversary of the passing of our family’s dear friend Scott…”friend” sounds so wrong, he was a brother to my husband, an uncle to my kids and a loving gift from God for me.  I think of him daily and laugh a lot now….it feels better than the tears.  This is still one of my favorite photos of him and his grandson Anthony….

Scott and Anthony  2012 - Copy

And this one just cracks me up!!!!  He would do anything for his grandkids!

Pirate Scott

I am so looking forward to the holidays starting, aren’t you?????  I think we need a swap….how about we get some ideas going….just leave a comment and let’s see where it goes…..I sure miss Elizabeth’s ideas…..:):) 

Update on my pup:

Maya went to the vet last Friday, the surgical knee is totally healed and nice and tight with scar tissue, but no muscle tone at all so she doesn’t use it like she should.  As soon as it cools off, we start some rehab walking.  The right knee is a bit loose but not terrible, but her right hip is becoming very arthritic…totally expected with all of the extra use of that leg….so she is on Glucosamine and Tramadol for any pain….she comes to me and lets me know when it hurts too bad….I feel so blessed to still have her!

OK….let’s get busy and see about ideas for a fun swap…Deb Hogan had the best idea for the last one with the “spoolies”….have a wonderful week!  Pinterest is a great place for ideas….:):) Look at this adorable scrapbook paper set and goodies that is coming out soon….

TrimcraftXmas

 12x12 cover new

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Thanks for stopping by.

17 comments:

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Hi Sandy! I know what you mean about blogging.....my husband is working lots more hours these days and I don't have as much time to blog as before.

I can't believe it's been two years since your dear friend passed on. I can clearly remember your post about him and how much he meant to you all.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sandy! I tend to compare with my first year of blogging. There was ALWAYS a give away, swap, party or art challenge going on! I miss it. :(

vivian said...

hey Sandy! I have noticed that blogland has quieted down lately. but I think we are all just busy girls. It'll pick up again soon.. we seem to be very inspired by the holidays.
I know my brain is starting to turn towards halloween.. even though Im not ready yet!
Im glad your puppy is doing better.
my mind is blank for swap ideas right now.. except that another spoolie swap would be fun.. maybe we could have a ghoul spool swap! LOL!
ok.. have a great night girlfriend!
xoxoxo

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I can relate Sandy! My BFF has almost been in heaven a year this Sept! Miss her everyday :(
Yes, it's been a busy and weird year...Hmmm...swap ideas??? Of course Fall is coming, Halloweeen, Thanksgiving and then Christmas! Guess I need to think about it and visit pinterest!
Guess that is good news about Maya...except for her pain.
That paper line looks FUN!!! I think you get different paper lines in AZ to here!
Warmly,
deb

Musings from Kim K. said...

Thinking of you and your maya. Hopefully, everyone is just enjoying their summer. I don't want to rush summer, but i couldn't help myself and I already started Halloween crafting. It's in my blood!

Jenny said...

Hi sweetie!

I think it's summer.

And busy.

And perhaps a rough time now for many!

I admire that you're stirring up joy!

I'm glad you have these happy memories to help you through!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Thinking of your Maya, poor sweet girl. Blogland has been quieter lately, I'm sure everyone is just busy with summer, hopefully soon it will start to pick up again! Another sweet swap sounds fun! Over the weekend we had some really cool weather, highs only upper 60s, it felt like fall. Makes me want to start getting out fall and Halloween decorations, not that I want summer to be ended though! Hope you have a lovely new week! xo Holly

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy, Viv's ghoul spool swap sounds like fun!
Dorothy

GardenOfDaisies said...

I think everyone has just been busy with kids home for the summer , and visitors, and vacations and gardens that need to be tended to, and all the outoor fun things that keep us outside instead of sitting at home on the computer. And that is a good thing, when you think about it. :-)
I'm glad your doggy is doing better. I'm looking forward to hearing what kind of swap you decide to do.

Nan said...

Hi Sandy I agree with the blogging myself for one has spent a lot less time in the summer months on blogging. I certainly am not visiting as much leaving comments and this cuts down on my own visitors but I can only do so much with our flash in the pan summers here. I will have 9 months of winter to work with later.

ImagiMeri said...

Egads, quit coming up with more holiday chores.......;o) I'll have to pass on anything you come up with as I'm still collecting goodies for the November event, and well you know all the other crap I'm dealing with.

Love ya'
Meri

Patti said...

Hi Sandy! I missed you! I thought about bugging you and sayin' where are you! Your posts always cheer me up and inspire me. Good news that your dear Maya is better. My McKenzie is holding her own. I'm busy getting ready for our first cruise! To Alaska! I would love to do a Christmas swap. And I love this paper to pieces! Where did you find it? I'm going online to see if I can find it, although I do NOT need more supplies! Have a wonderful week!!!

craftyles said...

I know I've been MIA on blogging this summer. So glad to hear that Maya is doing well. I'm sure she's glad to have you as a Mommy! I needed that scrapbook inspiration-gotta get back to some crafting.

Charlene said...

Glad to see you Maya is doing better. Those little four legged babies sure capture our heart more than we can even describe! Would love to see a halloween swap-I am all in for a spoolie swap-they are too much fun!!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

I notice that blogging is slower too, but think that is just because we're all so happy to get outside in the spring and summer, and so busy with good weather projects. Look forward to your next swap, but my brain is not coming up with any ideas.

So glad to see Maya is better, and thanks for posting about her, always look forward to hearing about her progress. It is so hard to lose a friend, and time does march on. Sending a cyber (hug), Pam

Diane Mars said...

Sandy, I sure wish I could attend Meri's Putz Party and stay with one of you girls! Darn I am in California so I guess I am gonna be up for a few swaps. Thursday is my surgery so once I get that behind me I will wanna play! ox, Diane

Theda said...

This is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...