Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Long Time Ago….

My cousin was looking thru some old things of her mom’s and found this receipt from my great grand uncle. His name was William Reinhard.

scan0001

 

  He was a home decorator and contractor.  This is a receipt from a home he remolded in 1922…

securedownload

Can you imagine????  Working for 85 cents an hour?????  Look at the phone number!  Work was hard then just like it is now.

My Aunt Goldie, the woman who kept this never threw anything away, and I am so thankful that she didn’t!  She also wanted future generations to know the connection and so she wrote this on the back…

securedownload3

Charles Reinhard was William’s brother and my great grandfather.

Charles and Amelia Reinhard 1940

        Charles and Amelia Reinhard

And she tried to put a little something like this on all of the items she kept.  Thank you Aunt Goldie, for thinking of all of us!

I am going to see if the Knutsen family has descendants in Eau Claire or elsewhere so I can share it with them!

 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

How great!! What a fun thing to find!!
Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Oh, what wonderful treasures to have. I bet you were thrilled, Sandy. I have boxes of trivia from the past like this ... so fabulous to have their life unfold before me.

May your New Year be filled with many blessings & Joys.
TTFN ~
Marydon

Sandie said...

What a great thing to have! I am so glad that people saved things for us to enjoy!! My mom had receipts from many things that they have purchased thru the years! Happy New Year!

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Wow, that's amazing! I love finding things from prior generations. I have been doing a little researching on my roots and it is so interesting.
Anyhow, I just popped in to wish you a very happy and healthy new year. I hope it is the best one yet!
Hugs,
Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...