Sunday, September 12, 2010

Faux Carmel Apples

I was surfing thru blogs the other day and saw this post on Dragonfly Treasures:

http://dragonflytreasure.blogspot.com/2009/09/caramel-apples-to-eat-or-not-to-eat.html

These were so much fun to make!!!!!! I still have to seal them, but I wanted to share with you how my friend Lin and I made ours….

Follow the instructions as to what you need, I ended up getting different paint, these re the colors we mixed:

IMG_2118

This is just a personal preference as far as to how much of each…but we ended up adding more paint than the tutorial suggested, and they still turned out great!!!!!

The “nuts” are a type of bedding or cage cover that I found at Wal-Mart…. unfortunately it only came in a huge bag! But I think it was like $3.82 or something, not expensive….

IMG_2117

This is ours before the crystal glaze, and we used Krylon Triple Thick Crystal Glaze/0500, also at Wal-Mart.

And here they are before they were glazed….

IMG_2114 isn’t the corn cob bedding amazingly like nuts????

IMG_2116

Perfect!!!! They are going on a cute plate on my kitchen table after I add some ribbons…..great decorating idea, and they have no calories!!!!!

Don’t forget to comment on my Blog Anniversary Post to have your name put in my Anniversary Giveaway!

Come on Autumn!!!!!!




7 comments:

My Cottage Charm said...

Oh MY, those are about the cutest things I've seen in a while! You did a great job, and they look so real!
I'm glad you liked my fall decor, it was so much fun to make and play with! I enjoy the fall weather so much...just not too happy that winter follows it! lol
Have a great week!
HUGS
Missy

genie said...

Sandy....These look so REAL....it is amazing!bbI know they are going to look so cute when you finish them off with the ribbons. Please post them again so we can see the final product.

Hugs,
Genie @ Buttons for Baga

Cindy said...

Yummy!! They look so real..I would be afraid my grandchildren would try to eat them..lol
Would love to see the finished display!!

Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, these are adorable! I just have to make these. Perfect!! Thanks for sharing.

Cornbread Fed said...

Well, isn't that the cutest darn thing!
I'll have to try that out!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh they are great!!! Tammy

Home and Heart said...

SO cute and clever!! Thank you for sharing the how to!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...